Tuesday, November 27, 2012

DIY birds on a wire painting


SUPER easy DIY painting.  I had some old pallet racking layout around (OK that is a lie, I asked my boyfriend to pick some up if he ever saw it lying around because I LOVE crafting with old pallet racks.)  I cut it into 3 similar sized pieces and used another piece in the back to glue them together.  I used construction adhesive, but you could probably use wood glue too!  I used a dry brush and some silver paint to give it a more cohesive look, but you could leave the natural wood if you prefer. I took a ruler and a permanent marker to draw the black lines, and then just quickly painted in the birds (you could draw them with marker too.)  It doesn't need to look perfect, just look up a bird silhouette and do your best to imitate.  So cute & fun!

Need:
-Old pieces of wood or pallet racking
-permanent marker
-black paint
-silver paint

No comments:

Post a Comment