Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Unique/Vintage Looking DIY wall decor





This is one of my fav projects so far, but admittedly not the easiest.  That said, it took me only two nights after work to complete.

I found these cute little different shaped jars at Michael's for 99 cents each.

I had a couple old frames from goodwill, and bought a couple more on sale at Michael's for like 3 bucks a piece.  I picked a few paint colors and painted the frames.  I did them sort of pastel, but you could do them brighter if you wanted.  Once they dried I sanded them a bit to add a rustic feel.

For the big mesh frame, I wanted to use an old screen door or something, but since I didn't have one I had to improvise.  I bought cheap wood from Home Depot and cut pieces for the frame (4 of each, because I sandwiched the chicken wire between two frames.)  I just used screws to make my frames.  To add the chicken wire (also purchased from Home Depot in a roll) I just used a staple gun, and wire clippers to cut off the extra.

I dry-brushed some white & grey paint to make it look a bit weathered.  I love how this turned out, and after I had all of the supplies it really wasn't that difficult!  I'm hanging this above our bead, but you could make any shape or size to fit a spot in your house.  So fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment