Monday, January 28, 2013

Repurposed 100 year old wood made into wall art!

After recently renovating our house, we had some left over floor boards & lath (a thin, narrow strip of straight-grained wood used in old plaster walls.) They were just too cool to throw away, but admittedly they sat in the basement for quite awhile before I found a purpose for them. Anyway, I was feeling crafty yesterday so I started arranging them on a piece of plywood I had laying around to see what I could come up with.



Materials:
-small pieces of flooring, lath, or other types of wood
-construction adhesive & caulk gun (home depot or menards)
-plywood (cut to size of finished artwork)
-trim for the piece (I used a type of exterior house trim but you could really just use any kind of wood & paint it white or your desired color)
-saw of some type to cut down the wood (if you want-or you could just arrange & overlap to make it fit)






No comments:

Post a Comment